Whether you’re thinking about moving to Seattle or you’re already here, below are some great reasons to love our city!
- Seattle is an inventive city: ranked 13th on Forbes list of World’s Most Inventive Cities.
- Seattle has a thriving art community. It is home to five major art museums and galleries: Consolidated Works, the Frye Art Museum, the Henry Art Gallery, the Seattle Art Museum, and the Seattle Asian Art Museum, as well as a large arts community including Seattle Symphony Orchestra, performing arts, opera, ballet and numerous other museums.
- Seattle is called the Emerald City for a reason. Parks everywhere: With over 400 parks between the Seattle Parks system and the King County Parks system, you are bound to find a park that is just right for you.
- Seattle is a city of neighborhoods. Check out our Neighborhoods page.
- Seattle is home to North America’s largest urban arts festival. Every Labor Day weekend Bumbershoot takes place in the heart of the city at the 74-acre Seattle Center.
- Seattle has too many restaurants to name but this Essential Restaurants List is a great start for anyone exploring the Seattle food scene.
- Seattle is a supporter of all things local. In fact here is a guide for how to Think Local!
- Seattle is one of America’s 10 Best Bike Friendly Cities.
- Seattle knows beer: Here is a guide to over 30 breweries in Seattle.
- Seattle has a blossoming local distillery culture. You will want to check out these craft distilleries and you will want to attend the Proof Festival, celebrating Washington distillers.
Looking for something to do? Check out our events page for a listing of local events. Looking for ways to connect to the community? Check out our connect page. Looking for a place to live? Check out our neighborhood page.